Workplace Violence, Harassment & Domestic Violence - Motivated Staffing
Controlling Workplace Violence or Harassment:
- Any violence in the workplace must be immediately addressed.
- If you can safely do so, keep the involved parties calm. Be courteous & patient.
- Listen attentively, maintain a quiet tone of voice, and maintain eye contact.
- Attempt to avoid arguing or making statements that might intensify the individual’s angry/hostile demeanor.
- Secure your own safety, do not risk harm to yourself or others.
Summoning Immediate Assistance for actual or potential Workplace Violence or Harassment:
- Supervisor should be immediately informed of the incident.
- In an emergency situation secure your own safety, then signal a coworker or supervisor for help
- Your supervisor will contact police (if required).
- When convenient contact your consultant at MSI
- Your supervisor will arrange immediate on-site medical assistance or transportation to professional medical help if required.